Who are we?
We are Peterborough Citizens, a newly founded Citizens UK Chapter (Founded 1st November 2022). We are an alliance of diverse civic society institutions working together to develop community leaders, strengthen our institutions, and take action to bring about real change. We’re currently looking for members to join our alliance and shape our city for the better. Could this be you?
What are we fighting for?
Our priority issues are voted on by our members. Currently we're focusing on:
- A school-based counsellor in every school;
- Mental health training for A&E staff;
- Lighting and volunteers in Central Park to keep young people safe;
- A welcome for refugees resettling in our city, for example through the Citizens UK: Communities for Ukraine scheme.
- Bespoke mental health sanctuary space in Peterborough.
Have a local issue that you're angry about? We want to hear from you! Use the form below to get in touch and join our next Listening Campaign in November 2022.
- Peterborough College
- Thomas Deacon Education Trust
- The Peterborough School
- St John Fisher
- Arthur Mellows Village School
- Meridian Trust
- Eye CofE Primary School
- Peterborough Cathedral
- Khadijah Mosque
- Orton Churches
- Nene Park Trust
- Soul Happy
Want to join our Chapter?
We’re currently looking for new members! Get in touch with our local Community Organiser using the form below:
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.
Keep in touch
News, stories and updates
Young Leaders Take Action for Safety in Central Park
Eva Woods, young leader with Peterborough citizens, shares her experience of our Crime and Safety campaignRead more