Who are we?
We are Peterborough Citizens, a Citizens UK Chapter. We are a diverse alliance of people from schools, faith institutions, universities, trade unions, and community groups.
Together, we organise to overcome injustice and win change on the things that you and your local communities care about most across the city.
Since our founding in 2022, we have:
- Been training dozens of local leaders; sharing tools, techniques and hard-won experience.
- Campaigned and won improved lighting and volunteers in Central Park to keep young people safe
- Campaigned for a school-based counsellor in every school and a bespoke mental health sanctuary space in Peterborough
- Welcomed Afghan refugees resettling in our city
What are we fighting for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- Mental health training for A&E staff
- Welcoming Ukrainian Refugees through the Citizens UK: Communities for Ukraine scheme
- Peterborough College
- Thomas Deacon Education Trust
- The Peterborough School
- St John Fisher
- Arthur Mellows Village School
- Meridian Trust
- Eye CofE Primary School
- Peterborough Cathedral
- Khadijah Mosque
- Orton Churches
- Nene Park Trust
Want to join our Chapter?
We know everyday people have the ability to shape the world around them and we're always looking for new members to join us!
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.
Get in touch with our local Community Organisers, Dilraj Kaur (email@example.com) and Edie Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org), and fill out the form below to hear updates from us.