Thames Valley Citizens
Who are we?
We are Thames Valley Citizens, a Citizens UK Chapter. 6,000 people form our alliance from schools, churches, mosques, diaspora groups, a green alliance and LGBT+ group.
Now we are growing across Thames Valley, with an alliance in MK (Milton Keynes) and others forming in Oxford and Reading.
Together, we organise and tackle injustices in our local communities.
What are we fighting for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- Thames Valley Police to be carbon neutral by 2030.
- Making misogyny a hate crime by law.
- Building bridges between police and young people.
- Thames Valley Police to become an accredited real Living Wage employer.
- Church of Christ the Cornerstone
- Congolese Community
- Diocese of Oxford
- Jubilee Wood Primary School
- MK Academy
- MK Council of Faiths
- MK Deanery
- MK Green Alliance
- MK Muslim Association
- MK Quaker Meeting
- Open University
- Orchard Academy
- Southwood Primary School
- St. Augustine’s RC Church
- St. Frideswide’s Church
- St. Paul’s Catholic School
- Stantonbury Ecumenical Partnership
- Truby’s Garden Tea Room
Want to join our Chapter?
We’re always looking for new members! Get in touch with our local Community Organisers using the form below.
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.