Who are we?
We are Lewisham Citizens, part of South London Citizens.
Schools, colleges, faith groups, migrant organisations, charities and a Community Land Trust form our alliance, representing over 13,500 people in our borough.
Together, we organise to build people power and tackle injustice.
Since our founding in 2005, we have:
- Successfully campaigned for Lewisham to be the (joint) first Living Wage accredited council.
- Campaigned for the resettlement of 115 refugee families under the Government’s Vulnerable Person’s Resettlement Scheme (the biggest commitment from a London borough by far!).
- Won our campaign for land in Sydenham, where we're building genuinely and permanently affordable Community Land Trust homes for local people.
- And many more wins!
What are we fighting for?
Our members choose our priority areas during ‘listening campaigns’. At the moment, our priority areas include:
- St William of York Catholic Church
- Lewisham Refugee and Migrant Network (LRMN)
- New Testament Church of God, Lee
- St Mary’s CE Primary School, Lewisham
- Sydenham Girls School
- Lewisham Islamic Centre
- RUSS (Rural Urban Synthesis Society)
- St Saviour’s Roman Catholic Church Lewisham
- St Saviour’s Roman Catholic Primary School Lewisham
- Holy Trinity Church Sydenham and Forest Hill
- St Hilda’s Church Crofton Park
- St Saviour’s Church Brockely Rise
- LRWT - Lewisham Refugee Welcome Team
- Sydenham and Forest Hill Welcomes Refugees
Want to join our alliance?
We’re always looking for new members! Get in touch with our local Community Organiser using the form below.
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.