South London Citizens
Who are we?
South London Citizens is the second oldest Citizens Chapter (after TELCO), and is formed of eight local alliances building power for the common good south of the Thames. We believe in the capacity of ordinary people to come together and create meaningful change in their communities and beyond.
Our 100+ member institutions include schools, universities, churches, mosques, synagogues, migrant groups, charities, GP surgeries, and other community organisations.
Together, we organise to tackle injustice in our local communities.
Our local campaign areas currently include: affordable housing, youth safety, migrant rights, mental health, parenting, the climate crisis and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) provision.
Sign up for updates from this chapter below using the sign up forum and follow us on Twitter.
South London Listens
The Covid-19 pandemic put an unprecedented strain on everyone’s mental health.
To respond to this challenge, community leaders in South London Citizens worked with local NHS Mental Health Trusts, NHS Commissioners and Local Council leaders to develop a plan to support the community to recover together.
- King's College London
- The Brilliant Club
- Creating Ground
- The Halley Academy
- METRO GAVS
- Ravensbourne University
- St James' Church Kidbrooke
- Congo Support Group
- St Paul's Academy
- Trinity Vineyard Church
- Foxfield Primary School
- Ferryview Health Centre
- The Advocacy Academy
- All Saints West Dulwich
- Corpus Christi Catholic Church
- Christ Church Clapham
- Drive Forward
- English for Action
- Herne Hill Welcomes Refugees
- Hetherington Group Practice
- Church of the Holy Spirit, Clapham
- Holy Family
- Hyderi Islamic Centre
- Iqra Primary School
- Lambeth Methodist Circuit
- South London Liberal Synagogue
- South London Refugee Association
- St Gabriel’s College
- St John the Divine, Kennington
- St Johns Angell Town Church
- St Paul’s, Brixton
- St John’s, Waterloo
- St Matthew’s, Brixton
Find out more by visiting our Lewisham Citizens page
- St William of York Catholic Church
- Lewisham Refugee and Migrant Network (LRMN)
- New Testament Church of God, Lee
- St Mary’s CE Primary School, Lewisham
- Sydenham Girls School
- Lewisham Islamic Centre
- RUSS (Rural Urban Synthesis Society)
- St Saviour’s Roman Catholic Church Lewisham
- St Saviour’s Roman Catholic Primary School Lewisham
- Holy Trinity Church Sydenham and Forest Hill
- St Hilda’s Church Crofton Park
- St Saviour’s Church Brockely Rise
- LRWT - Lewisham Refugee Welcome Team
Find out more about Lewisham Citizens.
- Copleston Church and Community Centre
- Rye Lane Baptist Chapel
- Oliver Goldsmith Primary School
- All Saints, Peckham
- St James The Great Primary School
- St James The Great Catholic Church
- Salvation Army, Nunhead
- Dulwich Grove URC
- St Luke's, Peckham
- Harris Academy, Peckham
- Belham Primary School
- Surrey Square Primary School
- Brandon Baptist Church
- Notre Dame RC Secondary School
- William Booth College
- English for Action
- Camberwell Salvation Army
- St Christopher's CofE Church & Pembroke House
- Southwark Central Community Hub
- The Charter School East Dulwich
- The Charter School North Dulwich
- Charles Dickens Primary School
- Raynes Park Community Church
- Wimbledon Salvation Army
- Mitcham Salvation Army
- Mitcham Parish Church
- St Olave's Mitcham
- St Barnabas Mitcham
- St Mark's Mitcham
- Trinity United Reformed Church, Wimbledon
- Merton Priory Team (Holy Trinity)
- Merton Priory Team (Christ Church)
- Merton Priory Team (St John the Divine)
- St Mar’s Academy
- Wimbledon College
- YMCA Wimbledon
- South West London St George's Mental Health NHS Trust
- Martin Way Methodist Church
- Croydon North Deanery (12 churches)
- Woodside Baptist Church
We are rebuilding an alliance in Croydon. If you are interested in becoming a founding partner, please get in touch using the form below.
Wandsworth Citizens (information)
- St Mary’s, Battersea
We are rebuilding an alliance in Wandsworth. If you are interested in becoming a founding partner, please get in touch using the form below.
Want to join our Chapter?
Our Organisers support member organisations to strengthen their relationships and act for justice. If you want your institution to join as a member, contact our local Community Organisers on the contact details below:
James Blatchley-Asfa, Lead Organiser firstname.lastname@example.org
Hannah Gretton, Senior Organiser, South East London email@example.com
Paulina Tamborrel Signoret, Senior Organiser, South West London firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.