Barking & Dagenham
Barking & Dagenham Citizens
Barking & Dagenham
Who are we?
We are Barking & Dagenham Citizens, part of the East London Citizens Organisation (TELCO). Hundreds of people form our alliance from schools, faith institutions, universities, and community groups.
Together, we organise to overcome injustice and win change on the things that you and your local communities care about most.
Since our founding in 2017 we have:
- Won over £2m worth of improvements to TFL bus routes to and from local schools, to ensure young people can travel safer
- Ensured Rose Lane, Marksgate was resurfaced for residents
- Campaigned for youth and street safety
- Fought for more jobs that pay a real Living Wage across the borough, as part of the wider Making London a Living Wage City campaign
What change are we organising for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- Organising to make our streets safer for young people and their communities
- Campaigning for a real Living Wage for Social Care workers
- Fighting climate change by protecting community green spaces and championing food waste and recycling.
- Building affordable housing and fighting for better housing conditions
WANT TO JOIN OUR BOROUGH ALLIANCE?
We know everyday people have the ability to shape the world around them and we're always looking for new members to join us!
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member
Get in touch with our local Community Organisers, Frankie Webster (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Emmanuel Gotora (email@example.com), and fill out our form below to hear updates from our borough alliance.
Keep in touch
Barking & Dagenham Citizens are a part of the larger campaign to Make London a Living Wage City
Our vision is simple - we would like everyone in the Capital to get the real Living Wage. We've received £4.8 million in campaign funding and are working with the Mayor of London to make it happen.
However, we need workers, businesses and civil society groups to join us in the fight for fair pay!