East London (TELCO)
Who are we?
We are TELCO Citizens (The East London Citizens Organisation), the founding Chapter of Citizens UK. 50,000 people form our alliance from schools, universities, churches, mosques, migrant groups and other community organisations.
Together, we organise to tackle injustice in our local communities.
Our alliances are in Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
What are we fighting for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- Affordable housing.
- Ending homelessness.
- A real Living Wage.
- Fair Energy for our communities.
- Climate justice for local communities.
Barking & Dagenham
- Church at Barking Riverside
- All Saints Catholic Secondary School
- CU London
- Holy Family RC Churc
- Moms on a Mission
- On the Rock International Ministries
- Riverside Secondary School
- Catholic Association for Racial Justice (CARJ)
- Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG)- Hackney
- ELATT Connected Learning
- English for Action - TELCO
- Hackney and Stoke Newington Methodist Circuit
- Loughborough University London
- New Unity
- New City College - Hackney
- Randal Cremer Primary School
- St James Church - Clapton
- St John's the Baptist Church-Hoxton
- St John's the Baptist Primary School
- St Thomas Moore RC Church, Manor House
- The Urswick School
Find out more about our alliance in Hackney.
- Applecart Arts
- Caritas Anchor House
- Community Links - Canning Town
- Lister Community School
- Money A+E
- Newham Muslim Forum
- Newham Methodist Circuit
- Newham Sixth Form College
- Our Lady of Walsingham Parish
- Sarah Bonnell Girls School
- School 21
- Shpresa Programme
- St Angela's Girls School
- St Antony's Catholic Primary (Forest Gate)
- MIND TOWER HAMLETS and Newham
- St Antony's R C Church
- St Bonaventure's Catholic School
- St Martins CoE
- St Stephen's & St Nicholas' Parish
- The People's Empowerment Alliance for Custom House
- Trustees of St Francis RC Church
- University of East London
- Ursuline Convent
- Al Noor Primary School
- City Gates Church
- Mayes Park Primary School
- Palmer Catholic Academy
- Saint Margaret of Antioch, Ilford
- Saint Peter and Paul Catholic Church
- Sikh Support
- St Bede's Catholic Church
- St Cedds Catholic Church
- St John the Baptist Catholic Church
- St Mary's Church of England (St Mary’s the Virgin)
- St Teresa's Catholic Church
- St Thomas of Canterbury Church, Woodford Green
- Trinity Catholic High School
- The Salvation Army, Ilford
- Caterham High School, Ilford
- Darul Ummah & Dawatul Islam
- East London CLT
- East London Mosque
- Mulberry Academy Shoreditch
- New Testament Church of God Mile End
- Queen Mary University, Politics and International Relations Department
- Queen Mary University Public Engagement
- Salvation Army Stepney
- St George's in the East
- St Mary's Church, Cable Street & E1 Community Church
- St Matthews', Bethnal Green
- St Paul's Church, Shadwell
- Whitechapel Welcomes
- The Centre for Theology & Community
- Connaught School for Girls
- Faizan E Islam
- Greenleaf Baptist Church
- Leyton Sixth Form College
- Leyton St Catherine & St Paul (Cornerstone Church)
- Parish of Chingford
- Parish of Walthamstow - St Mary's
- St Barnabas Church, Walthamstow
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School, Chingford
- Waltham Forest Islamic Association
- Holy Trinity & St Augustine of Hippo
- Walthamstow School for Girls
Want to join our Chapter?
We’re always looking for new members! Get in touch with one of your local Community Organisers using the form below.
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.
News, stories and updates
'Iron Rule - Never do anything for anyone that they can do for themselves!'
Working with seven other institutions, Jamiatul Islam School delivered the 'safer park for all' campaign, providing a powerful and inclusive platform for the pupils, parents, staff and the community to air concerns and lead with their ideas. This gave power to all to instigate and preserve lasting change.Read more