Who are we?
We are Nottingham Citizens, a Citizens UK Chapter.
36 organisations form our alliance from schools, universities, trade unions, faith groups, charities and community groups.
Together, we organise to tackle injustices in our local communities.
Since our founding in 2013, we have:
- Won a Living Wage for thousands of local people.
- Led our national campaign to make misogyny a hate crime.
- Trained thousands of people in the city to organise in their communities.
What are we fighting for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- Tackling structural racism.
- Mental health support.
- A real Living Wage.
- Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham
- Nottingham Trent University
- Djanogly City Academy
- God’s Vineyard Church
- Grace Church Nottingham
- Hope Church
- The Royal College of Nursing East Midlands Region
- Holy Spirit West Bridgford & Our Lady of Grace Cotgrave
- The Karimia Institute
- Nottingham North-East Methodist Circuit
- Nottingham Liberal Synagogue
- Positively Empowered Kids
- St. Ann with Emmanuel Church
- St. Andrew’s Church
- St. Barnabas Catholic Cathedral
- St Martin's Church
- St. Nic’s Church
- St Peters and All Saints Parish
- The Pilgrim Church
- Trent Vineyard Church
- Nottingham Girls Academy
- Radford Academy
- Sycamore Academy
- St Ann's Well Academy
- Nottingham Primary Academy
- Sisters of Noor
- University of Nottingham School of Geography
- University of Nottingham School of Politics
- University of Nottingham School of Sociology
- Emmanuel House
- Syrian Society of Nottingham & Nottinghamshire
- Muslim Hands
- Nottingham Community Housing Association
- Nottingham Women's Centre
- University and College Union, University of Nottingham
Want to join our Chapter?
We’re always looking for new members! Get in touch with our local Community Organisers using the form below:
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.