Brighton & Hove
Brighton & Hove Citizens
Brighton and Hove Citizens
Who are we?
We are Brighton & Hove Citizens, a Citizens UK Chapter. Hundreds of people have united to form our alliance from universities, charities, schools and colleges, churches, and synagogues.
Together, we organise to overcome injustice and win change on the things that you and your local communities care about most across the city.
Since our founding in 2018, we have:
- Been building an alliance that is now the largest group of civil society institutions across the city.
- Been training dozens of local leaders; sharing tools, techniques and hard-won experience.
- Won our campaign to reinstate an accessible toilet in Hove.
- Been building positive working relationships with Brighton and Hove City Council and the Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust to reform mental health services.
- Successfully campaigned and won a real Living Wage for local care/nursing home staff across the city
- And much more!
What are we fighting for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- Mental health support.
- Real Living Wage for care workers
- Safe Spaces for young people across the city
- Affordable transport
- Affordable housing
- All Saints Church, Hove
- Brighton Aldridge Community Academy
- Brighton and Hove Progressive Synagogue
- Cardinal Newman Catholic School and College
- Community Base
- Hove Park School
- One Church
- Salvation Army Brighton
- St Cuthman's Church
- St John the Baptist Catholic Parish
- St Joseph Catholic Parish
- St John the Evangelist
- St Luke's Church
- Sussex University
- Sussex University - Students' Union
- Varndean College
- Varndean School
We are the largest civil society alliance across Brighton and Hove, representing 50,000 people. Read our journey to forming this manifesto, and the priority issues we will be tackling together in 2023.
Want to join our Chapter?
We know everyday people have the ability to shape the world around them and we're always looking for new members to join us!
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.
Get in touch with our local Community Organisers, Sebastien Chapleau (email@example.com) and Paris Palmano (firstname.lastname@example.org), and fill out our form below to hear updates from our Chapter.