Brighton & Hove
Brighton & Hove Citizens
Brighton and Hove Citizens
Who are we?
We are Brighton & Hove Citizens, a Citizens UK Chapter. Hundreds of people form our alliance from universities, charities, schools and colleges, churches, and synagogues.
Together, we organise to tackle injustice in our local communities and across the city.
Since our founding in 2018, we have:
- Been building an alliance that is now the largest group of civil society institutions across the city.
- Been training dozens of leaders to take action on issues of social justice across the city.
- Successfully campaigned to reinstate an accessible toilet in Hove.
- Been developing partnerships with Brighton and Hove City Council and the Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust to reform mental health services.
- Successfully campaigned to get local care/nursing homes to pay the Real Living Wage to their staff.
- And much more!
What are we fighting for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- Mental health support.
- Real Living Wage for care workers
- Safe Spaces for young people across the city
- Affordable transport
- Affordable housing
- All Saints Church, Hove
- Brighton and Hove Community Sponsorship
- Brighton and Hove Progressive Synagogue
- Cardinal Newman Catholic School and College
- Community Base
- East Brighton Catholic Parish
- Hove Park School
- One Church
- St Luke's Church
- Sussex University
- Sussex University - Students' Union
- Vardnean College
- Varndean School
Want to join our Chapter?
We’re always looking for new members! Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.
Get in touch with our local Community Organisers, Sebastien Chapleau (email@example.com) and Paris Palmano (firstname.lastname@example.org), and fill out our form below to hear updates from our Chapter.