West London Citizens
West London Citizens
Who are we?
We are West London Citizens, a Citizens UK Chapter. 6,000 people form our alliance from schools, universities, trade unions, faith groups, charities and community groups.
Together, we organise and campaign on issues affecting our local communities to overcome injustice and bring about change.
Since our founding in 2005, we have:
- Successfully campaigned for Heathrow Airport and Westfield Shopping Centre to become Living Wage employers.
- Started the Mass for Migrants movement in 2006 – which continues to this day.
- Campaigned and won a £200,000 investment from the local council towards a local park in Hammersmith and Fulham
- Campaigned for road safety, winning a brand new zebra crossing outside a local primary school in White City
- And much more!
What are we fighting for?
Since Spring 2023, West London Citizens have been working collaboratively across four boroughs to campaign for a Living Wage for all health and social care workers.
We are also organising on a number of local campaigns including:
- Making Feltham train station safer.
- Working on access to public toilets for rough sleepers in Westminster.
- A Community Land Trust homes campaign in Ealing.
Want to join our Chapter?
We know everyday people have the ability to shape the world around them and we're always looking for new members to join us! Get in touch with our local Community Organisers using the form below:
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.
- Bloomsbury Baptist Church (Westminster)
- St James Piccadilly Church (Westminster)
- Sisters of Mercy (Westminster)
- Farm Street Catholic Church (Westminster)
- City and Westminster College (Westminster)
- Westminster Quakers (Westminster)
- St Martin in the Field (Westminster)
- University of Westminster Students Union (Westminster)
- Unite the Workers, Hotel Branch (Westminster)
- St Anselms Catholic Church Southall (Ealing)
- Christ the Savior Church (Ealing)
- St Barnabas Church (Ealing)
- St Mary's Church in Acton (Ealing)
- St Martin’s in West Acton (Ealing)
- West London College, Southall Campus (Ealing)
- Reach Academy and Reach Children's Hub (Hounslow)
- Brentford and Isleworth Quakers (Hounslow)
- St Paul’s and St Faith’s Brentford (Hounslow)
- Refugee Welcome (Hounslow)
- St Mary’s Church in Osterly (Hounslow)
- Paniym Church (Hounslow)
- Springwest Academy (Hounslow)
- Sparrow Farm Primary School (Hounslow)
- Old Oak Primary School (Hammersmith and Fulham)
- St Lukes Church in Shepard's Bush (Hammersmith and Fulham)
- West London Zone (Hammersmith and Fulham)
- Ark Swift (Hammersmith and Fulham)
- Young Hammersmith and Fulham Foundation (Hammersmith and Fulham)
- Jackie Ashmenal — Christ the Saviour Church, Ealing)
- Justin Dodd — St Barnabas Church, Ealing
- Mei Lim — Reach Children's Hub, Feltam
- Simon Woodman — Bloomsbury Baptist Church
- Bernadette O'Shea — Brentford and Isleworth Quakers
- Pastor Nii Anum — Paniym Church, Feltham
- Jenny Hoyle - West London Zone
Keep in touch
News, stories and updates
New ‘Ealing Living Wage Action Team’ launched to tackle low pay for local workers
Ealing Citizens are working with Ealing Council and other local employers to tackle low pay by increasing the number of real Living Wage accredited employers in the borough.Read more
West London Citizens launches ‘Citizens Agenda’ ahead of General Election
Reach students and Hounslow leaders meeting with Seema Maholtra MPRead more