Hackney and City
Hackney & City
Who are we?
We are Hackney and City, a Citizens UK alliance, part of TELCO (East London Community Organisers). Our alliance is formed of 14 civil society institutions - schools, universities, faith institutions and charities.
Together, we organise to overcome injustice and win change on the things that you and your local communities care about most across the boroughs.
As part of Citizens UK’s founding Chapter we have a history tracing back to 1996. During this time we‘ve successfully campaigned for:
- Paid work experience
- Resettling 10 refugee families
- Damp proofing council homes
- 200+ laptops & internet during the COVID-19 pandemic for members of our community
- Fairer Energy for families and institutions across East London
- And much more!
What are we fighting for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- Digital inclusion
- Fair energy for local communities
- Building trust and better relationships with the police
- Catholic Association for Racial Justice (CARJ)
- Christ Apostolic Church
- ELATT connected learning
- English for Action
- Hackney & Stoke Newington Methodist Circuit
- Loughborough University London
- New City College - Hackney
- St Andrews N16
- St James’ Church, Clapton
- St Joseph’s, Bunhill Row
- St John the Baptist Church, Hoxton
- St John the Baptist Primary School
- St Thomas Moore RC Church, Manor House
- Trinity Saints
- Hampden Chapel
WANT TO JOIN OUR CHAPTER?
We know everyday people have the ability to shape the world around them and we're always looking for new members to join us!
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.
Get in touch with our local Community Organiser Olivia Blanning (email@example.com), and fill out our form below to hear updates from our Chapter.
Keep in touch
Learn more about East London Citizens, the issues they're campaigning on and how to get involved.