We are piloting a new 3-day Community Leadership Training course starting from March 2019, which will provide an intermediate step between our local taster trainings and our flagship National Community Leadership Training.
The new Regional Community Leadership Training is aimed at leaders from Citizens UK member institutions who want to understand the method of broad-based community organising and apply the practical skills of community leadership to take action for social justice in their locality and strengthen their institution in the process.
As with all Citizens training, this course will equip people to turn their learning into action that makes a difference at local level, and you will leave with a bespoke plan to do this.
- Tuesday 24 September 2019 at 2pm to Thursday 26 September 2019 at 4pm.
- Tuesday 3rd March at 2pm to Thursday 5th March 2020 at 4pm.
- Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 2pm to Thursday 24 September 2020 at 4pm.
- Tuesday 16 March 2021 at 2pm to Thursday 18 March 2021 at 4pm.
The training consists of a 3-day residential course, followed by a 50 hour practical placement in your community, and then participation in a half-day Regional Learning Network event in your region.
We particularly recommend this course for those who want to:
- deepen their understanding of community organising and what it means to be part of a Citizens alliance;
- develop core community organising leadership skills such as 1-2-1 relational meetings, storytelling, power analysis, campaign strategy, action-planning and negotiation skills;
- equip themselves to lead change in their community.