From March 2019, we have been piloting a new 3-day Community Leadership Training course, which provides an intermediate step between our local taster trainings and our flagship National Community Leadership Training.
The Regional Community Leadership Training is aimed at leaders from Citizens UK member institutions who want to understand the method of broad-based community organising and apply the practical skills of community leadership to take action for social justice in their locality and strengthen their institution in the process.
As with all Citizens training, this course will equip people to turn their learning into action that makes a difference at local level, and you will leave with a bespoke plan to do this.
- 18th-20th November 2020, Queens Foundation, Somerset Road, Birmingham B15 2QH
- 4th-6th October 2021 (location TBC)
- 29th-31st March 2022 (location TBC)
- 27th-29th September 2022 (location TBC)
- 14th-16th March 2023 (location TBC)
For more information and details of how to apply for our training, please click here and select the type of training and the relevant date.
The training consists of a 3-day residential course, followed by a 50 hour practical placement in your community, and then participation in a half-day Regional Learning Network event in your region.
We particularly recommend this course for those who want to:
- deepen their understanding of community organising and what it means to be part of a Citizens alliance;
- develop core community organising leadership skills such as 1-2-1 relational meetings, storytelling, power analysis, campaign strategy, action-planning and negotiation skills;
- equip themselves to lead change in their community.