Citizens UK "Organising Schools During Covid-19 and Beyond"
This package is open to member organisations as well as organisations considering membership at a "taster price". Please contact Paul Amuzie for details on the cost. The package consists of:
- A 4-part online "Introduction to Community Organising" training, specifically designed for education leaders. The sessions will run 09:30-11:30 on Wednesday 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th June. Register here.
- Wednesday 3rd June, 09:30-11:30: "Power and Self Interest", delivered by Paul Amuzie and Afsana Salik
- Wednesday 10th June, 09:30-11:30: "Relational Power (121s)", delivered by Tom Chigbo and Daphne Giachero
- Wednesday 17th June, 09:30-11:30: "The cycle of action", delivered by Froi Legaspi, Afsana Salik and Elvan Asutay
- Wednesday 24th June, 09:30-11:30: "Leadership and Organising", delivered by Richard Weaver and Alistair Rooms
Moreover, we're running a series of free online workshops for young people and school staff run in collaboration with Microsoft. See table of upcoming Microsoft workshops below. We will update the details of these workshops on a weekly basis, so do revisit this page regularly for the latest times and registration links.
|Teams for Education (for schools who are already using Teams, or thinking about using Teams, to work remotely with staff - a chance to become more advanced and confident users of Teams)||To be scheduled on a school by school basis||Please contact email@example.com to arrange a Team for Education workshop with Microsoft|
|Master remote working with Teams (this is for education charities, not schools, who are brand new to Teams and are thinking of starting to use Teams in their work)||To be scheduled on an organisation by organisation basis||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in this session|
Finally, we've held two webinars in May which brought together school leaders across the country, in order to:
- Reflect and share experiences of how schools are responding to the crisis;
- Discuss how Organising tools, and tapping into your local Citizens alliance, can help your school navigate the challenges you are facing;
- Give school leaders the opportunity to join campaign teams pushing for change on issues such as Free School Meals, the digital divide, a Living Wage for Key Workers and more.