"Organising Schools During Covid-19 and Beyond" mini-series:
- Thursday 21st May, 16:00-17:15, register here.
These opening webinars will include:
- Reflections and stories of how schools are responding to the crisis;
- Discussion with other school leaders from similar school settings on how Organising tools, and tapping into your local Citizens alliance, can help your school navigate the challenges you are facing;
- Introduction to our Citizens UK package for schools: workshops, online training resources and opportunities to join campaign teams pushing for change on issues such as Free School Meals, the digital divide, a Living Wage for Key Workers and more.
Citizens UK "covid-19 and beyond" package for schools
This package is open to member organisations as well as organisations considering membership at a "taster price". Please contact Paul Amuzie for details on the cost. The package consists of:
- A 4-part online "Introduction to Community Organising" training, specifically designed for education leaders. The sessions will run 09:30-11:30 on Wednesday 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th June. Register here.
- Wednesday 3rd June, 09:30-11:30: "Power and Self Interest", delivered by Paul Amuzie and Froi Legaspi
- Wednesday 10th June, 09:30-11:30: "Relational Power (121s)", delivered by Tom Chigbo and Daphne Giachero
- Wednesday 17th June, 09:30-11:30: "Relational Power (121s)", delivered by Afsana Salik and Claire Arkwright
- Wednesday 24th June, 09:30-11:30: "Relational Power (121s)", delivered by Richard Weaver and Alistair Rooms
- A series of free online workshops for young people and school staff run in collaboration with Microsoft. See table of upcoming Microsoft workshops below. We will update the details of these workshops on a weekly basis, so do revisit this page regularly for the latest times and registration links.
Pro tips to becoming a Mixer Streamer (age 13 and above)
|Friday 29th May, 10:30-11:30||Register here|
Virtual road trip around America
|Friday 29th May, 12:00-13:00||Register here|
|Minecraft Hour of Code (age 8-13)||Friday 29th May, 13:30-14:30||Register here|
|Start your own business (ages 8 and above)||Friday 29th May, 16:30-17:30||Register here|
|Virtual road trip around America||Saturday 30th May, 10:30-11:30||Register here|
|Code your own video game with MakeCode Arcade (age 8 and above)||Saturday 30th May, 12:00-13:00||Register here|
|Learn to design and code apps (ages 13 and over)||Saturday 30th May, 13:30-14:30||Register here|
|Story time & developing your reading skills (ages age and over)||Sunday 31st May, 10:30-11:30||Register here|
|Coder Dojo (ages 13 and above)||Sunday 31st May, 12:00-13:00||Register here|
|Minecraft Hour of Code (age 8-13)||Sunday 31st May, 15:00-16:00||Register here|
|Start your own business (ages 8 and above)||Monday 1st June, 10:30-11:30||Register here|
|Minecraft Hour of Code (age 8-13)||Monday 1st June, 11:30-12:30||Register here|
|Code your own video game with MakeCode Arcade (age 8 and above)||Monday 1st June, 16:30-17:30||Register here|
|Teams for Education (for schools who are already using Teams, or thinking about using Teams, to work remotely with staff - a chance to become more advanced and confident users of Teams)||To be scheduled on a school by school basis||Please contact email@example.com to arrange a Team for Education workshop with Microsoft|
|Master remote working with Teams (this is for education charities, not schools, who are brand new to Teams and are thinking of starting to use Teams in their work)||To be scheduled on an organisation by organisation basis||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in this session|