Harrow & Brent
Harrow & Brent Citizens
Who are we?
We are Harrow Citizens and Brent Citizens, part of North London Citizens. Hundreds of people form our alliance from schools, churches, mosques, synagogues and community groups. Together, we organise to tackle injustice in our local communities and beyond.
Since our founding in 2005 we have:
- Settled 17 refugee families across Harrow and Brent.
- Campaigned for youth and street safety.
- And are building the first Malachi Place for homeless people in Harrow by March 2021.
What are we campaigning for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- St Peter's Church of England
- St Alban's Church of England
- St John Fisher Roman Catholic
- Kol Chai Reform Synagogue
- Northwood and Pinner Liberal Synagogue
- Hujjat Stanmore Mosque
- Mahfil Ali (Shia Ithna'ashari Community of Middlesex)
Want to join our borough alliances?
We’re always looking for new member organisations that share our passion for developing community leaders and achieving social change! Get in touch with our local Associate Community Organiser using the form below.
Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Citizens UK member.
Keep in touch
North London news, stories and updates
“This is fantastic, but it doesn't end here." BARKING AND DAGENHAM CITIZENS MAKE HISTORY WITH FIRST PRE-ELECTION ACCOUNTABILITY ASSEMBLY
On 28th April 2022, history was made when for the first time ever 130 citizens from across Barking and Dagenham joined together to hold the borough’s first pre-election Citizens Assembly, holding to account local candidates standing for leadership in the May 2022 Elections.Read more