Hackney & Islington
Hackney & Islington Citizens
Who are we?
We are Hackney and Islington Citizens, part of TELCO (East London Community Organisers) and North London Citizens. 17 organisations form our alliance from schools, colleges, universities, churches and campaign charities.
Together, we organise to tackle injustice in our local communities.
With a history tracing back to Shoreditch Citizens in 2011 and TELCO in 1996, we‘ve successfully campaigned for:
- Paid work experience
- Resettling 10 refugee families
- Damp proofing council homes
- 200+ laptops & internet during the COVID-19 pandemic
- And much more!
What are we fighting for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- Digital inclusion.
- Fair energy for local communities.
- Building trust and better relationships with the police.
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
- Catholic Association for Racial Justice
- Child Poverty Action Group
- English for Action
- Hackney & Stoke Newington Methodist Circuit
- Loughborough University London
- Loughborough - Institute for Design Innovation
- New City College
- New Unity
- St Andrew's N16
- St James’, Clapton
- St Joseph’s, Bunhill Row
- St John’s, Hoxton
- St John the Baptist Primary School
- St Thomas More, Manor House
- The Unity Project
- Wesley Chapel