Hackney & Islington
Hackney & Islington Citizens
Who are we?
We are Hackney and Islington Citizens, part of TELCO (East London Community Organisers) and North London Citizens. 17 organisations form our alliance from schools, colleges, universities, churches and campaign charities.
Together, we organise to tackle injustice in our local communities.
With a history tracing back to Shoreditch Citizens in 2011 and TELCO in 1996, we‘ve successfully campaigned for:
- Paid work experience.
- Resettling 10 refugee families.
- Damp proofing council homes.
- And much more!
What are we fighting for?
The priority issues voted on by members in our community include:
- Digital inclusion.
- Fair energy for local communities.
- Mental health support.
- Building trust and better relationships with the police.
- The Urswick School
- BSix College
- New City College
- Randal Cremer Primary School
- St John the Baptist Primary School
- Loughborough University London
- English for Action
- St James’, Clapton
- St John’s, Hoxton
- St Thomas More, Manor House
- Hackney & Stoke Newington Methodist Circuit
- Catholic Association for Racial Justice
- New Unity
- Child Poverty Action Group
- City & Islington College
- Wesley Chapel
- St Joseph’s & St Mary’s, Moorfields